(Ottawa, Canada) • A delicious chocolate spice cake with chocolate chip and white chocolate filling made by MOI!
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa power
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
Cream cheese icing
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat the butter with the sugar until you get a whitish cream.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat some more.
- Add the milk alternating with the sifted wheat flour with the chocolate, cinnamon, cloves baking powder, vanilla extract, the ginger and the chocolate chips.
- Put the dough in the greased baking pan with butter and flour.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC.
- Remove from the oven, wait until is completely cool and cut the cake into 2 or 3 equal slices.
- Spread the filling and assemble the cake.