(St. John’s, Canada) • Homemade carrot cake inspired by one I saw at Loblaws. Delicious!!!!
Carrot cake recipe:
- 3 grated raw carrots (500g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups refined sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder (10g)
Filling and icing
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 2 boxes of thick cream
- 300 g of white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- In a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a blender, beat the oil and the carrot until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Add sugar and mix it well.
- In a mixer, beat the eggs until you get a light fluffy cream.
- Add the mixture from the blender to the mixer and mix it well.
- Finally, add the mixture from the bowl and mix it well.
- Pour the dough into a greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients for the icing in a pan and stir constantly until it firm
- Remove from the oven, wait until is completely cool and cut the cake into 2 or 3 equal slices.
- Spread the filling and assemble the cake.