(Uberlândia – Brazil) • Homemade yummy goodness food for lunch! I had the pleasure to eat this feast today. We cooked black beans, various types of sausages, rice ‘caipira’, omelette and vinaigrette. YUMMY!!
Caipira rice recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 skinless and seedless chopped tomatoes
- 300 g of minced calabrian sausage
- 150 g of chopped salami
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 1 spoon of saffron
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley to taste
- In a pan, heat the oil, fry the onion and garlic. Sauté the rice, add the tomato, sausage and salami.
- Add water, seasoning, saffron, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat with the pan half covered.
- Turn off the heat when it’s cooked and let it sit for a few minutes.
- With a fork loosen the rice and transfer it to a platter.